Thursday, January 5, 2012

Long time, no post!

Well, I just looked at the last time I posted anything and it was JAN 13, 2011!!! PEOPLE! Today is JAN 5, 2012! Why in the world have I not written on my blog?? We all know its not because I had nothing to say. Who knows. All I know is I'm back and will hopefully stay a little more consistent.

2011 was overall a pretty good year for us. Brody is growing up WAY too fast. He started 3 yr old preschool at a cute little school in Benton. Hes getting too big for his britches =) I'm realizing more and more every day that he got Jason's amazing good looks and my crazy personality. Which I will admit there are some great things about my personality, but there are a few things that I'm seeing come out in Brody that make me want to go lock myself in a closet and wait until he grows out of it, if ever! Please tell me I'm not alone! This toddler phase is my absolute favorite so far but it is hard, hard, hard. My mom always said "You'll pay for your raising". Well momma, I'm paying for my raising! I cant complain though. Brody makes me forget every negative thing he does or says when he tells me he wants to go buy me flowers, that I'm his best friend ever, that I'm SO beautiful, when he puts others first, and when he talks about Jesus. He totally melts my heart all the time.

Jason and I are in such a great place in our marriage. I really don't know what I would do without him! I'm convinced there's no one else that would put up with me (AND vice versa, haha) I love knowing hes the one the Lord chose for me and I love him more than ever. We will be married 9 years this summer. We are definitely old married people and have the wrinkles and expanding waists to prove it! (and MAYBE a couple gray hairs).

One of the biggest things that happened this year was my mom got married! I know a lot of you know all the details, but its so neat to look back and see Gods hand in all of it. After 5 years of my dad being gone, Mom went from thinking she might be single the rest of her life to meeting an AMAZING man and being married within 9 months of meeting him. The Lord had been preparing her heart and mine too. Terry is such a blessing to me. He has filled that void in my heart for a father figure. He even sent me flowers the other day "just because!" I love knowing that my mom is taken care of, loved, pampered, and happy. Terry has 2 kids and 2 grandkids so our family get togethers are a little bigger than they used to be! The bigger the better!

On a personal note, this is the first time in a long time that Ive felt the Lord speaking to me about a few different things. Or maybe he's always speaking, I'm just not listening.  I'm really excited to see what he has in store for me and my little family this year. Its a good feeling being able to trust him and know that any plans that I make don't even compare to what he has for me. Now if I can just follow HIS plan! =)

Im thankful for a great 2011, and looking forward to an even better 2012!!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that sister!!! The Lord's been speaking to us on a few things too! So glad you blogged, you should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. I just read your latest post. A move is so exciting!! We would love land one day too. Just waiting on the Lords timing. Remind me to tell you something next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mosh I LOVE YOU!!! You are beautiful inside and out and I'm so excited to see what God is doing in your life. I'm also thrilled that you snagged that "dock boy" because HE is one of my favorite people! You all make a super cute family - and yes - I'm sure you will pay for your raising - take heart - we all did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad i found your blog via mandy's! enjoyed reading:)

    ReplyDelete